Are you still using TV antennas and are worried about the availability of fewer channels? There is no need to get worried about this issue because you can get a high number of channels without switching to the cable or device systems. All you need to do is to increase the signal catching of your antenna by making a TV antenna amplifier.
Antenna amplifiers are basically signal to boost devices that increase the level of catching of signals from broadcast towers. The use of an antenna amplifier is good for outdoor antennas but if you are using an indoor antenna, then try to avoid amplifiers because they can even amplify the noise and distortion.
How To Make a TV Antenna Amplifier
You can buy antenna amplifiers from the market as well but making an antenna amplifier is very easy. You yourself can make this amplifier at your house. All you need to do is to take some essential material for making an antenna amplifier as well as you must have the knowledge of steps, in order to make a TV antenna amplifier.
To make an antenna amplifier you must need these materials;
- Aluminum foil
- Conductive wire
- Hot glue gun
- Pen or marker
In order to build an antenna amplifier, you must follow all the given steps;
- First, you should draw a circle on the cardboard using a pen or marker.
- Draw two semi-circles, to attach on both sides of the circle.
- To make a reflector, cut a rectangular shape of cardboard. Keep its length longer than the circle’s diameter but width a little shorter.
- Take two cardboard pieces and cover one side of each with aluminum foil.
- Now fold the rectangular cardboard piece around the circular one in a way that the semi-circular projection will fit into the cut slots of rectangular cardboard.
- A lip will form when you will fold the circle to the outside edge.
- Now make a small hole in this semi-circle.
- This hole should be of antenna size which can fit in it.
- Your amplifier is ready, now you can attach it to the antenna and enjoy a great number of channels.
Read Also: Smart TV vs Roku TV
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you use two antenna amplifiers?
There is no issue with using two antenna amplifiers. The presence of two antenna amplifiers will help you more in getting better signals for the variety of channels. Even, you can run two television sets on a single amplifier. Either way, it would be helpful to you but sometimes it can happen that the noise or distortion you are facing without an amplifier can get doubled by the use of amplifiers.
Where do you put an antenna amplifier?
After making an antenna amplifier, you must put it in a place where it would easily catch signals. You must keep it closer to your antenna and can even attach your amplifier with the amplifier to get rid of its all-time positioning. You can also put them in the house but they should be kept in a higher place near the windows or doors.
Also Watch Video
Before making a TV antenna amplifier, you must make sure that there is some need for it. If there is only an issue with the direction of your amplifier then you can solve it by changing direction without making an antenna. If you are not satisfied with the homemade antenna amplifier you can spend some money and buy one from a market as well.